Ensuring sustainability through human capital devt

Credit Source: New Sarawak Tribune (Sarah Hafizah Chandra & Awang Muhammad Shahmi, 2023)

News link to New Sarawak Tribune

KUCHING: Pertama Ferroalloys Sdn Bhd, a leading company in the ferrosilicon industry, is eager to do its part in developing human capital in Sarawak.

General manager Yuki Nakamura said the company which is based in Samalaju Industrial Park has invested some RM2.5 billion to build its plant and sustain its operations in the state.

Expressing his confidence in Sarawak, he said the company continues to be committed to developing more projects in the future.

“We are very happy to be in Sarawak, that is why we have made a big investment in the Samalaju Industrial Park. We are committed to developing our projects in Sarawak, and of course we want these projects to continue for the next 100 to 200 years to come.

“We resonate with how the state government is putting great emphasis on environment, social and governance (ESG) together with Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) as it is crucial for the long-term sustainable development and arrangement in ensuring the success of our projects,” he said.

He said these remarks during a sponsorship mock cheque presentation ceremony to Sarawak Badminton Association (SBA) at Baitulmakmur Building II on today (July 5).

Yuki disclosed that 90 percent of the company’s staff comprise of Sarawakians whereas the remaining 10 percent are from overseas.

“As such, we want and need more good people from Sarawak to be a part of our team. That is why we are very happy to share the company’s profit to develop the next generation through sports such as badminton,” he said.